Hey there fellow Speedhunters! We’ve got an exciting #IAMTHESPEEDHUNTER proposal for you this month, and if you’re passionate about drifting and photography, we think you’re going to like it. You see, the 5th round of the Formula D Championship at Evergreen Speedway in Seattle is coming up soon, and we have a slight problem. That is, our master Formula Drift photographer, Larry Chen, isn’t going to be there. Believe us when we say that there’s not much out there that can keep Larry away from his camera and a race track, but when it involves taking time off to welcome a wee baby Chen into this world, family comes first! So we came up with a little idea. We want YOU to step into his shoes. Think you can handle it? Please, read on…
Our friends at Formula D have given us 20 tickets to give away, and we’ll be asking each of the winners to supply us with 2-3 images from the Formula D Seattle event. We’ll then showcase YOUR images on Speedhunters in a special coverage story created by our winners! To determine who we’re going to give the tickets to, we want you to show us what you’ve got, and why we should choose you to represent us. So if you love Formula D and think you have what it takes, what are you waiting for?
- E-mail your submissions to email@example.com with the exact subject line of ‘The Formula D Photo Challenge’.
- For this competition, we want you to select 2-3 images to send us that capture what you think to be the true spirit of drifting. Please keep in mind that they don’t have to be track shots or action shots. We’ll be judging your image submissions based on creativity, originality and personal flair.
- Along with your email, tell us your name, location and a short paragraph about yourself and each photo.
- Please note that you MUST be able to attend the Formula D Seattle event (located in Monroe, WA) on the 18th and/or 19th of July to enter the competition.
- Attach the images directly to the email, ensuring your images are a minimum of 1920px on the longest side. Ideally they should be resized to 1920 x 1200px.
- Make sure the images are free of any distracting watermarks.
- Closing date for submissions is Sunday July 13th 2014.
Good luck and happy Speedhunting!
We created #IAMTHESPEEDHUNTER to allow you the opportunity to share your skills and car culture experiences from around the globe with the rest of the Speedhunters audience.
How do you get involved? It’s simple…
Flickr – Join our #IAMTHESPEEDHUNTER Flickr Group and share your favourite photos with us and others.
Instagram – Follow us on Instagram at @TheSpeedhunters and tag your own car culture images with #IAMTHESPEEDHUNTER
Twitter – Follow us on Twitter at @SPEEDHUNTERS and share your tweets with the #IAMTHESPEEDHUNTER hashtag.
E-Mail – If you’ve been to a cool event and captured some amazing images, be sure to e-mail them to us on firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little bit about the event.