With yesterday's season finale at Irwindale Speedway, the fifth season of Formula Drift is in the books and that means in addition to the series champ, 16 of the drivers for next month's Red Bull World Drifting Championship have also been finalized. Before getting into the season standings, congrats must go to our own Vaughn Gittin Jr. for his win at Irwindale which marked his first career victory in Formula D. More congrats should go to rising driver Justin Pawlak for taking third place in his FC3S and of course to Tanner Faust for second place in the event and more notably his second consecutive Formula D championship.
Here is the final 2008 Formula D Top 16 season standings. As you known, all 16 of these drivers will be invited to compete at the Red Bull event next month.
1. Tanner Foust 350Z
2. Sam Hubinette Dodge Viper
3. Rhys Millen Pontiac Solstice
4. Daijiro Yoshihara Pontiac GTO
5. Chris Forsberg 350Z
6. Ryan Tuerck Pontiac Solstice
7. Michihiro Takatori R34 Skyline
8. Vaugh Gittin Jr. Ford Mustang
9. Conrad Grunewald Corvette
10. Robbie Nishida 350Z
11. Ryuji Miki Mazda RX7
12. Darren McNamara Saturn Sky
13. Stephen Verdier Subaru Impreza
14. Ken Gushi Scion TC
15. Bill Sherman Nissan S13
16. Justin Pawlak Mazda RX7
Congrats to everyone and we are looking forward to seeing what happens in Long Beach!